My two loves: Quotes and Painting


I have been MIA from this blog because life has been quite busy for me over the last two weeks, but I'm back with a heartfelt quote and painting to share...
A close friend of mine from high school got engaged recently and for her engagement party I decided to make something for her and her fiance.  They're both such beautiful people especially when it comes to their faith and it inspired me to paint a verse from the bible for them;
"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm.
{For love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame.}"
Song of Solomon 8:6.
image
Painting is a relaxing activity for me, but for this project I was a little nervous starting because it's not just a painting I could keep and paint over if I wasn't happy about it.  I was worried about getting the placement right, or the whole quote fitting into a heart shape, and making a mistake. 
image
Eventually I decided to just start, and three lines in, I realized I had misquoted the verse.  And if you've ever had to paint over black to disguise a mistake with a light color, then you know it takes layers and drying time, and more layers.  Half irritated with myself I painted over the mistake, decided to eat and catch up on my shows, and in between commercial breaks painted over the misquotation until it was fixed.  It took a while but in the end I was happy with how the painting turned out.  Makes me want to paint more heart shaped quotes.
image

image

♥ Jor

1 comments:

  1. I love this!
    Would you allow me to use a snapshot of your image with the full verse on it to print on a tray? I would hope to use the tray as a decor item at the Marriage Preparation Courses that we run at our church.

    ReplyDelete